Webinar: Assessment of options for adaptation measures: Methods and experiences of selection and prioritization in Paraguay and Uruguay
Thursday, 4th of May, at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Bogota, Lima, Quito)
The NAPS Community is an UN Environment Initiative through the REGATTA project implemented in collaboration with Practical Action.
The NAPS Community gives public officials, researchers and specialists in international cooperation and civil society, involved in the preparation of the National Adaptation Plans of their respective countries in Latin America and the Caribbean the opportunity to support each other by exchanging good practices and challenges in this work.
In this Webinar, they will show you methodologies for selecting measures to adapt to climate change in Paraguay and Uruguay, particularly through the cost-benefit analysis. The presentation will highlight the experience in:
· Project prioritization methodologies: cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit
· Cost Benefit Analysis (CB) applied to CC policies, main challenges
· Case Study: CB Analysis of the Asuncion Wastewater Treatment System
· Assessment and prioritization of adaptation measures in Uruguay
Welcome to the NAPS Community of Practice
Dr. Lili Ilieva, Moderator and climate adaptation expert – Practical Action, Peru
Selecting adaptation measures using cost-benefit analysis: Experience from Asunción
Dr. Roberto Ponce, Professor, Faculty of Business and Economy, University of Excellence (Universidad de Desarrollo), Chile
Assessment and prioritization of adaptation measures in Uruguay
Mónica Gómez, Expert, Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and Environment (MVOTMA), Uruguay
How to join the webinar with VoiceBoxer:
- You should use Google Chrome to access the webinar.
- If your WiFi connection is unstable, the suggest that you use Internet cable to ensure a good experience during the webinar.
- Before you enter the webinar, check the status of your accessibility at https://portal.voiceboxer.com/check. When entering the link, click on "Audicence Tab".
- When you enter the webinar link, if you do not have an account yet, create it by entering "Do not have an account?"Once you have created your account you can access the webinar with your email and the key you created.
- If you have any problems you can write to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to connect from your phone, download the App VoiceBoxer, register and enter the event code: r9prkb
Register on the next link https://goo.gl/NUyMUp